Monday, November 28, 2011

permission granted.

So yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying that my residency visa to remain in Germany has been extended for 2 years the card will come to the local foreigners office. I must make an appointment with the foreigner's office 5 days after the notice was sent to me. Ok. thats fine.
Then I opened the second letter. Another government agency wants to see proof within the next 7 days that I have current residency visa. That would mean I have to get the appointment very quickly and sometimes that just doesn't happen.
The govenmental offices here are all connected. They look at each others information constantly and call each other with the telephone. I don't understand the necessity of bugging me for information they already have.
Case in point. after moving to a new apartment and registering the move at the residents office, I recieved a letter from the automotive department. They said I needed to change my address there as well. I thought to myself, >they must be crazy. They have my new address already otherwise it wouldn't be possible to send me letters.<
The reality is the entire government here is crazy. I sometimes wonder between their coffee, breakfast, smoking, lunch and the "whenever they don't feel like talking to you" breaks when do they actually find the time to do their jobs..... making me jump through hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment